Another Georgia niglet treated for rare illness that causes paralysis
Democrats Mailed Bombs To Themselves For Votes
2018-10-26 01:57:45 UTC
A Georgia mother said she put her 2-year-old daughter to bed
running a fever with complaints of a double ear infection, but
the next morning, the girl was paralyzed from the neck down.

Erica Palocios still does not know what caused her otherwise
healthy child to lose control of her body, she told Channel 2
Action News.

"It's really heartbreaking,” she said. “No parent should ever
have to experience that. And what makes it worse ... is not
knowing what caused it."

Doctors diagnosed 2-year-old Abigail with suspected acute
flaccid myelitis, or AFM, the news station reported. AFM is a
rare neurological condition that can cause polio-like illnesses,
mostly in young children and teens.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently reported
it has confirmed 62 cases of AFM in 22 states so far this year.
In Georgia so far this year, there have been an estimated three
confirmed, or probable, cases of AFM with two possible other
cases under investigation, according to the state’s Department
of Public Health.

In 2017, there were 33 confirmed cases in 16 states, the CDC
reported.

Of the confirmed cases, the average age of patients was 4 years
old. More than 90 percent of the patients were 18 years old and
younger, according to the CDC.

The Columbus girl is now making progress in physical therapy
after she was treated at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at
Scottish Rite Hospital.

Dr. Sumit Verma, medical director of the neuromuscular program
at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, said CHOA has seen nearly a
dozen cases in the past few years, The Atlanta Journal-
Constitution previously reported.

MORE: Polio-like disease found in kids in Georgia, elsewhere
baffles doctors

“Unfortunately, there is no cure for acute flaccid myelitis,” he
said in a statement. “However, symptomatic management is
available and rehabilitation could improve function and quality
of life.”

Verma said the illness can strike a healthy child “without
notice,” but cautions it is still extremely rare.

So rare, said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National
Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, that chances are
considered one in a million.

“It’s a very frustrating situation,” Fauci said in an interview
with ABC News. “We do not know definitively what it is, although
there is a suspicion, a strong suspicion, that it’s associated
with a particular type of a virus that we recognize.”

Viruses like polio and West Nile Virus, as well as other viruses
in the same family as West Nile, can be the cause, according to
the CDC. But often, even with extensive lab tests, the cause of
the illness cannot be identified.

Doctors are cautioning parents to be on the lookout for symptoms
of AFM and to take basic steps to keep their children healthy,
like hand-washing and keeping their children home when they’re
sick.

According to health officials, symptoms may include sudden
muscle weakness in the arms or legs, often following a
respiratory illness. Other symptoms include weakness or
stiffness in the neck, drooping eyelids or a facial droop,
difficulty swallowing and slurred speech.

They are also encouraging parents to get their kids up-to-date
on their vaccines, including the polio vaccine.

While there is not currently a vaccine for West Nile virus, it
can be prevented by protecting against bites from mosquitoes,
which can carry the virus. The CDC recommends children use
mosquito repellent and stay indoors at dusk and dawn, when bites
are more common. Any standing or stagnant water should be
removed from near homes, as it is often breeding grounds for
mosquitoes.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/another-georgia-toddler-treated-
for-rare-illness-that-causes-paralysis/R3w6rZ7j8UIoHkeogc0kKP/
Democrats Mailed Bombs To Themselves For Votes
2018-10-26 02:56:56 UTC
Before Willian Tunchez was fatally shot and robbed, three teens
lured him with the promise of sex to the Suwanee path where he
later died, a Gwinnett County detective said at a Thursday
hearing.

Franecha Torres, 17, of Norcross, along with Nicholas Evans, 17,
and Khalil Miller, 18, both of Suwanee, are all charged in the
killing of 21-year-old Tunchez, of Lawrenceville. Tunchez’s body
was found by neighborhood children the day after he was fatally
shot, according to police.

Evans and Miller told Tunchez he could have sex with Torres for
$300 on Oct. 7 if he came to a wooded walking path in a Suwanee
subdivision, Detective Micah Hegwood testified at the
preliminary hearing. When Tunchez arrived, Evans pointed a gun
at Tunchez and Miller hit him over the head with a stick,
Hegwood said. Tunchez started wrestling for the gun, and the gun
went off.

Tunchez was shot in the neck. Evans, Miller and Torres took the
belongings Tunchez had on him and fled, leaving Tunchez bleeding
on the path, according to Hegwood. Tunchez’s body was discovered
the next day, but not before Miller returned to the scene for a
second look, Hegwood said.

“[Miller] said he actually went back and checked on the body the
next day,” Hegwood said.

The teens also claimed to have been members of the Gangsta
Disciples, according to Hegwood, but later said they were “just
pretending.”

Evans and Miller have admitted to police that they were involved
in Tunchez’s death, Channel 2 Action News reported. Torres has
not said anything to the police regarding Tunchez, according to
the news station.

Miller and Evans are both charged with felony murder, aggravated
assault and armed robbery. Torres is charged with felony murder
and armed robbery. The three teens are also being held on armed
robbery charges stemming from three other incidents in Suwanee.

Miller, Evans and Torres are all being held without bond. The
Thursday hearing was to determine whether there was probable
cause for the charges to go forward; a magistrate judge
determined there was. The issue of bond will be addressed at a
later date by a Gwinnett County Superior Court judge.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/cop-gwinnett-teens-lured-man-with-
promise-sex-before-killing-him/vCayg7CXI6nMcFkZM1GRpJ/
Byker
2018-10-26 16:39:13 UTC

Pretending to be "blaxicans"...
Schumer Rusty Wire
2018-11-05 07:44:16 UTC
It doesn't matter what drugs you waste money inventing, it only
takes nature one or two generations to render them completely
ineffective.

AIDS is going to kill Cooper.

Many little boys in the world will breathe a sigh of relief when
that happens.

Obama Is Still A Gay Loser
2018-11-17 05:51:50 UTC
Loser.